Originally Posted By: DMAC
Probably the best Grammy show that I've seen in a while ! Great Production, Engineering,,,,,ARTISTS,,,,Great show. Anyone know of anyone hear in the show or part of it?

You're kidding, right? Aside from lights and pyrotechnics ... there were messed up lyrics, incorrect names, vocal passages missed, geeze - the first number wasn't even able to be played without censorship on the network. This is music's biggest night? Very forgettable performances by too many ... including some of my heros of long ago. Chicago's vocals are so weak, they hired Robin Thick to carry the load? Ringo sits in as a token bandmate, while the real drummer play in the dark? C'mon ... Production value aside ... the performances to be proud of were John Legend, Sarah Bariellis & Carole (musical GODESS) ... not much else was worthy of my time. Glad I DVR'd it so I could skip through.

I suspect that age differences will make some of us disagree, but as a lifelong musician ... I'm embarrassed by most of the Grammys. Too much Hollywood and not nearly enough heart. Sure, there were great moments ... but only snippets, really. The industry is in trouble if that was our shining achievement for the year.