Originally Posted By: billyhank
I remember reading in an official Yamaha document some years back that the Tyros OS was Linux and it seems that I have seen that claim stated on the Korg forum for the Pa3x too.

It still depends on the manufacturer to open it up to other entities or the users in some form.

Bill G

Probably true, as the Motif engine runs on a unix system too.... Pa3 x probably too, linux is not likely as linux is the unix version for typical pc hardware but yamaha and the pa3x dont use that....

But then Linux is nothing as another Unix version. And its everywhere, macbooks run on unix, as do android and ios... Both run on different linux versions for arm processors..

Keep in mind that those are not the same versions we use at home or in the office on our pcs, but hardware specific versions of these OSs, Unix is perfect for this as its highly modular and you can patch anything intoo the kernel what you want like drivers or real time processing support..

I dont think opening up the os to users is a good idea, as they will certainly get intoo stabillity issues and then blaim those on the manufactorer. Best they can do is open it up to 3rd party companies to convert their software to the new format..

Edited by Bachus (12/08/13 01:47 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net