Seems Korg is integrating their synthesizer, their piano and their arranger division into one department, dont ask me where i heard that rumor, but it certainly is not all over the place...

But since all the latest developments have been software based ( current day synths and arrangers are software devices, only the D/A and A/D converters are hardware ) And everything is build in seperate models, they have/ are streamlining their research in a single team..

Meaning their top devices will get the same sound engine...

First offspring of this should be presented at winternamm, where a new workstation will be presented. the workstation is build around a large 17" touchscreen, and keys and sliders and knobs will change function based on what interface you are using...

The rumor says it will have Sequencer, karma, performance arranger and mixed modes... The sound engine is alledgedly all of the kronos stuff, with an option to add several new and optional engines that you can digitally buy... Next to korg orriginated stuff they also are going to allow 3rd party stuff, which would kind of work like the apple appstore , where Korg takes a major cut of the money made..

Its an open system, that still gives the stabillity of a closed system, and the flexibillity to grow.

Now how did i hear of this?

A friend of mine, with whome i ride mountainbike ocasionally, works for an inventive company that creates vsts, they have been offered a set of conversion software that allows them to convert their virtual software to The new korg format. ( obviously it needs testing and requires the source code for that testing )

It was supposed to be announced by Korg on winternamm, but seems they are not going to make it, and therefor delayed till musikmesse.

Strange thing is to find out that innovation comes from trying to save money in research and development.

Only the future will tell us how much truth was in this message, and if Korg can save its own hide from the financial crisis by becomming innovative

http://keyszone.boards.net