I was sitting in the office with the PSR-S950 this evening, just tinkering around with some of the new styles and trying to put songs to them. I've come to the stark reality that the keyboard can do more things than even I can imagine, and I thought I was pretty damned good with these things. Today's TOTL and MOTL arranger keyboards have so many features, voices, styles, built-in programs, etc...that it would take someone years to explore and utilize every aspect of the keyboard. What amazing machines we have, and at a very affordable price.

One of the things that really amazed me was the new vocal processors. They're absolutely fantastic. Today, while performing at a local retirement community, I paid careful attention to my vocals. I had a bit of a sore throat from performing 22 jobs in 18 days, and I sing every song. I thought my voice might end up sounding a bit rough, but this was not the case. Several people came up to me and said my vocal was outstanding, better than ever. I sincerely believe the PSR-s950's onboard vocal processor has a lot to do with this.

The depressing thing is that this keyboard wasn't available two decades ago. If it were, the way this technology has advanced, there's no telling what would be available today. Every time I press one of the voice demo buttons I'm blown away by what I hear. I wish I had the playing ability of Chas, Captain Russ, Don Mason, Diki, and most other folks on this forum. If that were the case, I think I would be in keyboard heaven.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)