"How are you promoting your CD sales at your gigs now may I ask?"

I just say, "you don't wanna buy a CD do you?"
Sometimes I have to pay people to take them. But I make it up in volume.
I know this question wasn't for me, but I'm getting really bored with so many nights off.
Actually, when I get off my lazy tail and actually have some CDs for sale, I just stand one up on the tray in front of me and hope they ask about them. I must add my degree is in Journalism, Advertising and Sales Promotion, so I'm really good at coming up with these ideas.
Years ago, when I used to sell tapes, I generally did not give them a price, just told them to put something in the jar. Believe it or not, I got more money for them that way.
I haven't bothered to sell any CDs lately, because it makes me mad when they go home and duplicate them and give them to all their friends and family. They even TELL me they do this. I guess I should be flattered. Can't say too much because I download stuff of Youtube all the time myself.
Lately I just tell them to go to my website and download the stuff for free.
I think Uncle Dave hires a scantily-clad Redhead to hawk his songs and for other stuff too. He sells them for $10 each or 2 for $5.
I'm pretty sure Boo makes a sign "will trade CDs for almost anything" and stands out by the road going up Pike's Peak. He puts them in a brown paper bag so they can't tell its Jazz.
DonM