Just let me write the ad copy and the manuals... might get something readable for a change!
coffee

I think that ethics and good business go hand in hand. Let's not kid ourselves. The minute Russ made public what he was offered at the trade show, every Ketron dealer in the country knew about it. If they didn't already know (which they may well have done).

Now, under those circumstances, are you even a little bit surprised how bad Ketron's dealer network is, in numbers, volume and having stuff in stock? By allowing this breach of ethics (TBH, I still haven't figured out why the other dealers haven't sued Ketron's US distributor for breach of contract if they were promised territorial exclusivity) Ketron have essentially guaranteed that no-one wants to touch their line with a barge pole, knowing they can (and are) being undercut by some 'super-dealer' with no territorial restrictions, better access to Ketron Italy, and a lock on the only upgrade path for the Audya.

Unfortunately, even in this day and age of internet stores, most people that are willing to drop $5000 on a keyboard prefer to be able to see it, play it, and talk with knowledgeable sales staff before they offer their credit card up. Ketron have made sure, by allowing that, that the vast majority of people in the US live too far away from a Ketron dealer to make the drive, especially in this era of $4/gal gasoline!

Ethics violations have consequences, often unforeseen and unintended. I believe Ketron's US distributor, whether they knew or not what would happen, have caused their own demise in the long run.