The thing is, Because the Audya's styles are more human than Midi styles, they remain fresh, even after 3 or 4 years. It issuprising how sensitive the human ear is to repetition - hence the need for a constant stream of styles and new products from Yamaha and other manufacturers who's patterns are not only shorter than ketron but also are exactly the same regardless of the chord you are playing. (fret noise in bar 1 will be heard in 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and so on)

Ketron Italy have released style updates annually since the Audya was released in late 2008 (2009 in the Americas). Ketron UK have a style update program in place and various third party companies offer Audio Styles too. But realy they are non essential.

Also its very simple to create your own styles using 'ingredents' on the machine (as I have done).

Personally I would rather have six or 700 live styles than tens of thousands of midi styles any day. And when a new Audio drum loop does become available it is very exciting as it can be used in many different new styles. (I have already turned Robert Messiers 5 styles into 15 or 16 using the Audio drums and mixing style parts from legacy styles and live guiars, plus library parts. For anyine wanting to do something totally new (or use existing parts too)they can use style compiler .