Originally Posted By: rolandfan
Yamaha what were you thinking? Everybody told you what they wanted in this new keyboard and all you gave us Vocal Harmony 2. Did we not deserve S Art 2 voicing, the new choir voices, Live drum kits like the tyros series, much more drum kits. I want to like it and i know that i havent heard any demos yet but this time it feels different...like they painted it black,improved the speakers, put some audio features and output and thats it. only a 100 new sounds. The psr s900 to s910 featured a much better sound variety upgrade. Will the normal styles sound better than the s910 ? They added only 3 megavoices...again dissappinting. The new s.art voices seem to be in the guitar area only. What do you guys think ? At this stage from everything you know about it are u happy or frustrated or undecided ?

I agree. I am very disappointed.

I play the S910 professionally, and I'm kind of married to the Yamaha platform. I'm going to upgrade because if it costs me $1200 to upgrade two keyboards and I do 1200 shows in the next three years, then it costs me $1 per show to have two new keyboards that for two years are covered under warranty (manufacturer and credit card extended warranty).

I'm disappointed for many of the same reasons:

1) No Live! drums
2) No Real Brush kit
3) No additional DSP blocks
4) No additional buttons
5) Basically, the same OS as the PSR3000 that came out 8 or 9 years ago. Why not create a way for the keyboard to search or suggest that you search for registration paths that are missing?
6) Only 5 new Mega! Voices
7) No SA2 voices
8) No choir SA voices
9) The buttons crammed together more with a bigger chance to hit the wrong button
10) A 64mb expansion slot that is good for one expansion pack at a time, and you have to turn the keyboard off to switch
11) Audio Drums on just 25 styles
12) The probability that the Audio Drum styles are in a closed format that can only be played from the onboard memory or the Expansion slot

Things I like

1) Over 90 additional onboard styles
2) The better speakers
3) The upgraded vocal harmonizer
4) I like that it has new sounds and the audio drums, expansion board but Yamaha apparently did not make a generous overall improvement.

It looks like they raised the price and then severely limited the new features to so that musicians buy the T4 instead.