Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Trigger Finger Update:

I recieved a cortisone shot 6 days ago and though it helped to relieve the pain, my left thumb joint's still catching (clicking).
I'm thankful that playing in arranger mode allows me to reduce my LH to simply playing full chords and only minimally playing LH melodic motifs in order to limit LH thumb joint activity.

Diki, I'm really glad to learn that even with your more severe case of trigger thumb that yours never came back, and that you cured it simply taking the turmeric pills alone. Wow! Not sure yet about me, but unless my trigger thumb fully recovers relatively soon (another month?!) I may have to opt for hand surgery to permanently solve the problem. I hope I won't need to resort to that though, so continuing (as you recommended) to take the Solaray Turmeric 'Special Formula' capsules 3x a day for a month. Keeping my fingers (but not thumb) crossed.

Scott

I would get even another opinion before doing surgery - even though that might be the best option. Good luck with turmeric. If you take a lot of it, you might start making a lot of Indian friends.

Maybe just resting the hand for a couple of weeks might be helpful ...

Wishing you a full recovery.