Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Dnj
why explain to anyone ...... most only wish they could make a FULL time living playing music.....I feel blessed that I can...end of story.

Signed a proud Pro Musician, Singer, DJ, KJ.

Great point Donny, no doubt about it and this comes from a frustrated musician who knows he could have never made a living full time in music. Some got it and some don't. I do make a good living but I'm knocking myself silly with the daily commute to metro Boston each day, I'm in the car about 2.5 hours for a 110 mile round trip commute.........and leave the house at 5:30 AM..... then get home at 5 PM. I do like my work and when things go right like they happen to be right now it's not like work.............. nevertheless when you're blessed with enough musical talent to make a living out of it and be able to play golf or fish or whatever your past time is, that's hard to beat. God bless those that can and do so.

I love jazz and would like to play it even more, but I can't so I stick to an arranger and just have some fun and play a few gigs here and there.

Good post Steve... like anything else your HAVE TO WORK HARD for what your dream is ... and since I added the versatility of DJ'ing services to my live performing services things are getting diversely more profitable in many ways as many DJ gigs bring 3x-4x more,........
good luck to you buddy!

Edited by Dnj (07/24/12 08:53 AM)