Boo, this is pretty much ALL we play in the clubs we play. They're all jazz clubs or clubs that feature 'jazz night' one or two nights a week (plus a 'blues night' and even a 'country night' but strangely, no 'rock night'). Usually it's just organ, guitar, and drums if it's a weekday with sax and vocalist if on the weekend.

I've been playing this stuff (we called it 'fatback' back in the day) for as long as I can remember....or at least since the heyday of the organ trio/quartet (think Jimmy Smith, Jack McDuff, Groove Holmes, Jimmy McGriff, Don Patterson, Shirley Scott, and countless others). We all played out of Philly and Atlantic City (Groove went to San Francisco), and we all knew each other. There were some absolutely phenomonal organ players that no one ever heard of (sort of like New Orleans). I could tell you stories that would make you actually salivate for the 'good ol' days'. I guess the best thing about them is that we were all YOUNG. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed the clip. As I'm sure you know, the nice thing about playing at jazz clubs is that 1. you don't need to 'play it like the record' 2. you don't have to pack the dance floor (just keep them drinking smile ) and 3. you can play the same 50-75 tunes for an entire career....just play them differently every night.

Also Boo, want to try some tunes with beautiful structure and killer changes......try Monk's 'round midnight, Benny Golsons 'I remember Clifford', the Beatles 'Yesterday', and our own Capt Russ's 'What are you doing the rest of your life' (he didn't write it, just played the hell out of it).

chas