… And thanks from me for your observations regarding the KX-10 Sparky. For years I used a Master MK4, 96 bass keyboard controller … it has since ‘bit the dust’. I contacted Orla to see if they could offer a controller similar to the MK4. About a year later, Orla It. told me that were releasing the KX-10 but the price at that time was much more than I want to spend to use it as a controller. I spoke with Music Magic several times about it and asked if they could refer me to someone who was successfully using the KX-10 as the only reference to it on the net was not complimentary. I’m still investigating, I got the best price from Jim Laabs, but several people told me to be wary when dealing with this company. I used the PK400 for about a year, but it was too heavy for me to tote on gigs and the OS is far too busy to use on gigs.
In addition to midi accordion, I currently use the Master Pro 2000, 120 bass midi unit with a variety of keyboards and with the Midjay Plus. I was thinking that I would use the KX-10 sounds and as a controller with the Midjay styles and files. Any observations about this configuration? Are the midi send channels on the KX-10 fixed? If so, do they send on the channels to allow control of external (Ketron) expanders?
Sorry for being so wordy, but I’ve been trying to get reliable info about the KX-10 for a couple of years.
Ciao,
Jerry