Well I guess by now everyone knows I now have a KORG PA500.
Here is some of my first impressions... I love the size, weight, shape, color, key feel which is a bit firmer then my S910 in a good way it really is nice to play.. The buttons are so much better then the PA800, the PA500 has nice SQUARE buttons that have a nice tacky rubberish feel to them....vs my old Pa800 with small rectangle one...these make it easier to navigate and get around on deck....the display isn't color which i dont miss at all but its nice and bright easily readable sharp & clear with a nice raised angle also.Speakers are good & loud enough for monitor duty on stage..or practicing..This unit has Bass Ports on each side which give a great quality Bass sound when played without a PA system....and really good with thru a speaker system..So far the styles are more then enough factory ones to cover so many genres......I haven't begun to even load any third party or converted styles......sounds are pretty good especially the ones I always use ...pianos,excellent Accordions , harmonicas, elec pianos, organs are super, trumpets, trombones, guitars Nylon is sweet with slides, and brass are real nice although I had to layer a few to get the sound that I require..some saxes are nice, growl tenor isn't as good as the S910 but if you mix it with a bari growl you can get a decent sound..using a tenor with a block ensemble gives a great Miller type sound also..Multipads can be fully edited and assigned to any style......Songbook IMO kills Yamaha MFD by miles nuff said on that great feature..DUAL sequencer works fabulous easy to search songs and load SMF songs if needed, nice bright LYRIC readout also at the touch of a button....menu feature is very thorough and lets you get in there to make all kinds of edits with ease to any parts, sounds, etc ...I have to say that out of the box the unit is very proficient very good sounding unit...anyway I'm a bit tried and need to get back to it bright and early for this weekends gigs and beyond.....
to be continued.....it is certainly a great bang for the buck.
Thanx everyone for the help....l8tr

Edited by Dnj (02/22/12 08:02 PM)