Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I would never trade my big weighted piano and synth keys for those little keys... It would give me the cramps and cost me some creativity... after 30 years being accustomed to large keys... thoe small keys are not an option

To me it only shows how cheap one can produce these instruments nowadays, but if they sold them with normal keysize and good keyboards it would give people high quallity instruments with the same features and quallity of the total arrangers.

I'm with you on the small key thing, Bachus, although we might be in a minority...but who cares!

When I'm playing my Tyros 4, I know when I reach my little finger up for a B or Bb, I'm not going to wind up on D or Eb...with a small keyboard, I'm going to have to look, and at very least, pay a lot more attention than what I want to do.

Playing should feel natural...mini keys do not feel natural to my fingers....never have, and probably never will...I've got many years of technique that I'm not going to sacrifice just to save a few dollars and a few pounds in weight.

My biggest surprise is that the PA-50SD, that the microArranger is based on, didn't give so much as a blip on the radar when it came out 10 years ago. Now, when you can buy the same technology, in an awkward mini key instrument, they are raving about the Korg sound and styles.

Where were these people when the PA-50SD came out? Is saving a few quid, a few kilos, and dealing with a technique busting keyboard enough to embrace 10 year old technology as if it just popped on the market today?

Certainly makes me wonder, and probably a few more, like us, who really can't see the fuss.

Ian

PS...I think the really smart guys, are the geniuses at Korg who figured out how to get the Korg sound under people's fingers (even though they will be a little cramped), because it just might get folks to buying the bigger, adult sized instruments. JMO.

Reliable Sources tell us the KMA is totally reworked and tweaked compared to the PA 50SD... wink