All too often, Americans vote for personality, rather than smarts. True Brush is the kind of guy one would like to have a beer with, but it sure is not a reason to vote for him to be a leader of the free world. Gore was clearly the smarter most qualified candidate, but unfortunately too many voters did not like Gore's "personality".

BTW...Gore received 600,000 more votes than Bush, and Bush was appointed President by the Supreme Court, and if I have a criticism of Gore, he (like many Democrats) didn't fight for himself or those that voted for him. He did win Florida!

In my lifetime, to me Bush was the worst President EVER. I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who regretted their vote for Bush, including a father of a soldier lost in Iraq. Even more amazing was the Bush re-election in '04. Nobody ever said voters need to be smart, although I do consider Bill a very smart person grin

Chas and Bill, good points about Obama.

The perfect ticket would have been
President Hillary Clinton
Vice President Barack Obama

2016 we would have had a still young Obama running for Pres.
Maybe by then the Media would have accepted a Black Guy as President...nahh, I'm dreaming

Side bar: I have ieSpell and during the spell check, I'm offered spelling substitutes for "Barack" and for "Obama".

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900