Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi Bill:
First of all, I'm registered as an 'Independent'.
Considering what Obama inherited,I think he's probably doing as well (and possibly better) than anybody else (from either party) put in the same situation could.
The problem lies with the 'intense' polarization of the electorate, with neither side willing to compromise, resulting in nothing ever getting accomplished.
As far as re-electing him, considering the others currently running, Obama still has my vote, but not so strongly as you say the 'Post Modern' group suggests.

Agreed, Scott. Things like this can paint a generally accurate picture of a person's political leanings, but its not a black and white thing. I've voted Republican the two of the last three elections. Not because I was enamored with George Bush, but because I was so un-impressed with the candidates from the left.

I voted for Obama and will probably do so again. As I continue to slide to the left what choice do I have? A moderate conservative probably couldn't get elected in this environment and there's no way I vote for a Tea Party type. I think Obama's done some difficult things and I give him full marks for those (i.e. health care reform) but he also has really made some silly mistakes along the way. It should be a very interesting campaign season and I pray...I PRAY...Sarah Palin gets into the race, which it appears she may at some point.

Call it a Bloggers holiday, lol... party

Remember, the Republicans have to eat all but one of their own before taking on Obama.

Get the popcorn, guys...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (05/27/11 05:15 AM)