Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
Ian,

I don't love Casio. It is just that there are so many Hammond clones out there and they are all pretty good. The only one I don't like is my G70. The organs on it for the most part suck. I'd bet if we blindfolded you droolers and did a hearing test of the clones you'd be wrong as often as you'd be right. Same if you put the clones through a 147 and compare it to a real B3. At least the B3 debate gives you drollers something to talk about. The forum has been way too calm lately anyway. wink

Tom

I don't have to drool, my friend...I am very fortunate to be able to play a real Hammond B-3 with Leslie a few times a week with a bunch of R&B players.

You are right about the clones...I believe very few of us could tell some of them apart, especially when put through a Leslie.

I'm very happy with the Tyros4's organ sounds for arranger playing. I personally thought the G-70 had great organ sounds...aren't they based on the VK organ?

If I was to do the R&B band thing again, I'd probably get an XK3c system...but the SK2 might do the job for far less moolah...and I'd forgo the Leslie, as the rotary sim would be fine for me....I'm not that much of a purist, although two perfectly spaced manuals, and real drawbars would be necessary.

In any case, I'm looking forward to trying the SK2 out, and it appears there are quite a few who feel the same way.

Ian