Originally Posted By: Dnj

I don't think the T4 has the Guts & grit of the Hammond/Leslie Sim sound when I listen to Yamaha organs....as I did in these Sk-1 demos....as a previous b3 player years ago...I kinda miss the power of a 147 behind me ...no Yamaha arranger unit is ever gonna create that...theres a reason why the new units are trying to emulate the older ones...;)

Donny, I play a B-3 and Leslie at least once a week.

I have yet to play a clonewheel that duplicates what I feel and hear when I play the real Hammond.

Some come close, but even Hammond's own clones such as the XK series do not replicate it perfectly.

The closest I've played so far was a Hammond XK3c "system"...two manuals, pedal board, and played through a vintage Leslie 147.

The Tyros4 has great organ sounds...no better than any of the clones, but no worse either.

A buddy of mine takes one of the outputs of his Tyros3 and sends the organ flute sounds out to a real Leslie 122 with a preamp.

It sounds a tad more real, because the Leslie is actually moving air.

For my purposes, especially recording, the organs in the Tyros4 are fine...if I used organ sounds a lot, I'd probably do as the guy above with his T3, but for all intents and purposes, I'm very satisfied with what I get in the Tyros4.

As far as guts and grit, the ProgRockOrgan, WhiterBars, and AllBarsOut in the Tyros4 have plenty of both...they'll scream on the top notes, snarl in the middle, and growl and rumble at the bottom, and, they have lots of character...plus, there's the Organ Flutes drawbar section with it's choice of Leslies and effects...definitely enough to make me not have to need a real Hammond for the few times I use that type of sound on arranger gigs.

I will also add that since using the volume pedal I just bought, it's a lot more like playing an organ.

But I say again, nothing plays and feels exactly like the real thing...in my opinion, of course.

Ian