I have spent a good deal of time with my BK-7m over the last two days and I am still having a problem with how the styles play when using the "split" mode. What I am doing is selecting a category and playing every style and every variation in that style. What I am experiencing is a lot of change in the balance between the UP1 parts and the style. Some of the styles are just fine but about half of them are not.

Again, it could be my controller, a Roland A-800Pro, or the way I have it setup. I have read and re-read both manuals and believe I am following directions well enough for things to work.

Right now I am not getting enough consistency between styles within any category to really make any kind of decision about the module. Perhaps someone here has some suggestion.

Now, if you use the module in full keyboard mode only things get better - but there are problems with getting the UP1 and UP1 voices setup if you choose to change them. I am still very much in a learning mode here but trying to be both honest and fair at the same time.

By the way, I don't sing so the instrumental aspects of any arranger are important to me.

Anyway, I'll sure let everyone know if it all works out - or not.

Hammer

Edited by hammer (04/15/11 12:36 PM)