Originally Posted By: Diki
Oh, c'mon! You KNOW that light weight beats feel and response any day, here at SZ! wink

I haven't played the full 2 keyboard XK3c system yet, but I did get down on a Mini B by Hammond (the replica wooden one) and well as the Portable B3 Hammond replica. Very nice, but I didn't quite feel the same as you about the action. Maybe it's just that most real B's have been played in quite a bit, but both those actions felt a little stiffer, or springier (hard to describe) or something 'not quite right' compared to the B's I've played lately.

Just glad I don't have to hump one... wink

Well sometimes "light weight" rules because of many deciding factors, but, thankfully, there are very few "bad feeling" and "poor responsive" 'boards being made today...at least I haven't played any. The days of actions like in the old Crumar organs/pianos, and other past delights are, thankfully, long gone.

Playing the XK3c in two full keyboard mode is a must, in my opinion...with the special stand, it is solid...I always say, "You don't 'play' a B-3...you 'ride' it."

The big difference is in the XK3c's key contact system...it works exactly like real B-3's...in fact, they are pretty well identical.

Press a B-3 (or XK3c) key down slowly, and you can hear the individual harmonics come in...you can't do that on a Nord C1, a G-70, a Tyros4 or even Hammond's own, XK1.

It is almost touch/velocity sensitive in it's own unique way. The Tyros4 doesn't even come close, nor does any other arranger (or organ) I've ever played.

My buddy Donnie, is tickled with his new Hammond, and, I must say, I can understand why.

Ian