I grab a few minutes here and there. I have a guitar, amp and piano in my office. In the back of my warehouse, I have a full set-up: PA, M-3, Clavinova, guitars, drums, etc. The trio practices there, as does a duo my son is part of and the players we use for film scores. Upstairs (the private area where only guys like UD, Rory and Jim (Zuki) have been), there are over 150 instruments, including two necked mandolins, 3 neck guitars, an accordion, lap and pedal steels, banjos and, of course, lots of guitars.

At home, we have antique but quite playable guitars on the walls of three rooms, another Clavinova in the front room, an upright bass in the den, along with a small restored 1832 Edwin W. Powers vaudville piano out of the local Opera House.

Then, I have a B-3 and Rhodes at one job and a Yamaha digital grand at another. I'll stop by and have lunch and "woodshed" for a while.

The secret is to have instruments around at all times. I'll stop when i hear something on the radio and try to learn it in real time.

Man, I love my instruments!

Russ