Like Bill, I prefer playing NH, Assisted Living Facilities and Retirement Communities over restaurants and bars. I love playing for them, and they love my performances. I have a great relationship with each and every person I play for, I talk with them before, during and after the performances, and they are all wonderful people that outlived their bodies.

As for the political jobs, I play a fair number of fundraisers for the Democrats, Republicans, Independents and Tea Party. Ironically, the political jobs are a lot of fun for ME! I get to watch a whole lot of folks trying to buy political favors by paying $500 to $1,000 a plate for the opportunity to glad-hand some wannabe political candidate, eat finger food and hope this person wins so they can barter for some favoritism. For the first hour or so I play pretty much anything I wish--it's just background music at best. Then, the next hour is taken up with speeches, introductions, etc..., stuff that makes you want to puke because you know it's all BS. Most of the fund raiser jobs take less than three hours, you usually only play for an hour or so, pick up a hefty paycheck, wish them well, and go do the next one for the opposition. The political jobs only come along every two years--when it's election time. These jobs have nothing to do with ethics--it's just business.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)