Originally Posted By: Diki
Adding a controller is just hauling one more piece of gear (plus cases, wires, stands etc.) to do something that a slightly larger keyboard in the first place would make unnecessary.

Just remember... you got used to the FSX because you now have one. You'd get VERY used to a 76, and all the possibilities they open up (remember, it ain't just about piano... how about three sounds with enough range to actually USE them? How about Rhodes or Wurli's full ranges..? how about an arranger section AND a full 61 for Hammond smears and dives?) if Yamaha made one that was any GOOD!

Never say never!

I really don't mind hauling an "extra" piece of gear (and a soft case, a stand, two cables a pedal)...in my situation it would be an 88 note weighted action controller, probably a P-85/95...I prefer playing solo piano on the weighted action.

It's not a bother for me in any way. I know you would prefer having it "all in one", but that's where we differ.

In any case, having a 76 note Tyros (or any other arranger) wouldn't be of any real benefit to me, as the keys would be still semi-weighted (not weighted hammer).

All the things you need a 76'er for, aren't issues for me.

I used 76 note arrangers in the past...it wasn't hard to adjust to 61, and, just like 76 notes...I got used to 61.

I understand where you are coming from, but your needs and my needs are different.

That's one reason why I play a Tyros and you play a G-70.

Ian