Originally Posted By: spalding1968

This was a truly great demo Tom and shows just how inspirational these instruments can be. I hear so many complaints about the expense of an arranger compared to a workstation but in the arramnger you can jam with literally session musicians on tap day or night from Jazz, to latin to funk rock and classical music and everything in between. Worth every penny in my book.

Inspirational they can be...and, because you can put down ideas so quickly, literally a complete demo of a tune in almost the time it takes to play it, none of that valuable inspiration is lost.

Sure, they cost more, but having used workstations many times, just the advantage stated above, justifies the difference in price for me.

If I want more keys, I add a controller...if I want more powerful sequencing recording/ editing, I will use a PC program.

But, on it's own, without these "options", it sure pushes all the right buttons for me.

Plus, the sheer freedom to "jam with the band" (and any flavor of band) at any time of your choosing is just so cool.

Ian