Originally Posted By: Diki
Well, that's PART of it... being tailored for the European market. There's a lot of us with money over here in the US. And we don't play schlager!

Nah, you folks "over there" play 90% Sinatra, Big Band Brass and Jazz, the 10% left are Country, or as we call it, "Horse Jazz"! laugh wink

The European or other markets is just as different and have a lot of variations just as the USA market. Different need for different taste and goals.
To me the arranger keyboard (Autocomp) are about the option to play with styles. If no styles, I would never buy any arranger, but keep on pump air with the Accordeon midied up to OMB5 or Elka .... nah, today it most truly would be a Ketron unit.
So, the bottom line are: The more quality styles who fit MY ears and MY taste, the better! laugh laugh laugh

Btw,
the word Schlager means something who is popular or a HIT. In Scandinavia we have something common, Scandinavian Country. But if you're not a famous group or person with your own special musicstyle that public demands, you have to play all kinds of music styles if you want to make the audience happy. I guess it all depends of what type of occation you're performing.
So you see, Sinatra and a lot of others was/is Schlagers as well, depending of what time they was on Top Of The Pops. The average age of your audience will quickly show you what's Schlager when respond to your playlist. wink
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)