Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
OK... exhaustive research through terrible documentation tells me the following.

Part of the formula Domenico gave me is incorrect. Namely this part (LS Bank = MSB * 27 + LSB).

The formula is LS Bank = MSB X 128 + LSB
The value of 128 is a constant value that is based midi standards.

Also, Linux Sampler has automatic detection of MSB only, LSB only or full MSB+LSB so for the most part it doesn't matter which method you use, be it a straight number or a calculation based on the formula.
Regards
James

Actually that is pretty much the same as the Gm spec MSB only (controller 0) LSB only (controller 32) or the "Normal" method which is a combination of the two

I think though that the Linux Sampler (LS) simply looks at three values, well thats as far as I can see from all the LSCP files I have seen.

The neat thing about LS is you can put anything anywhere and as long as you give it the correct sequence of numbers it all works

Example :

DEFAULT BANK - HIGHER BANK - PATCH #

To use banks of Ketron patch banks for example:

Ketron bank 0, patch 1 - on the LS use 0 0 1, and then follow through t0 128.

Ketron bank 1, patch 1 - on LS use 0 1 1, and then follow through to 128.

Ketron bank 4, patch 1 - on LS use 0 4 1, and then follow through to 128.

I know it sounds simple, but then on LS, a lot of the functions ARE simple

I think we have been over-thinking it all, and it seems to me there is no calculations needed. Simply pick what basic bank you want to put the sound in, then what higher variation bank you want to put it in, and the the patch number within that bank itself.

The only BIG issue is making sure everyone follows the same numbering standard for a given GIGA bank/s.

This is where LSCP is a vital tool for everyone to use. It guarantees uniformity, so that all people need to do to run the same bank of Giga sounds, is to have the sounds in a folder and then use the same LSCP file to access them all.

I agree totally James we need, no its VITAL, if we are going to advance the Linux Sampler cause, that everyone is reading from the same page.

To do that, LSCP MUST be the default creation program.

Dennis