Thanx for all the input. It is all very helpful. Yes, I can see the many possibilities of a lot of different variables. I can see this can take some time.

I still can see the advantage though if OMB and LS had the freeware that was available along with say a set of decent sounding soundfonts that could work regardless of what kind of soundcard you have or other variable like RAM memory, with step by step setup if any with no real variables for a complete novice. If nothing else just a quick test drive even for those who may have some knowledge.

If tweaking can't be sent in a zip file, then possibly a chart of how to set up reverb, pan and other effects.

I see a real advantage for OMB and LS to have this freeware as downloads right from their own sites as I noticed when I went to the different sites for the host, soundfonts, etc, etc that there is a lot of new language and some sites could be made easier to navigate and instructions can be confusing, like, what do I really need to be looking at here and what can I ignore for now.

I think this could help a user see if there is any interest rather early on and Jos and Norbert would be selling a lot more of their programs.

Just a couple ideas as I see it as a rank beginner and someone who has been in business for 30+ years

Scott