Just to add my 2 cents,
Everything that has been said is absolutely true. I rely on my KN7000, but since I have the receptor with me anyway, it is a simple matter of putting my controller on the second tier of my Apex stand. I have done this twice for performance, and when I play solo voices from Colossus,B4, or Kontakt2, the people really pay attention. As a matter of fact, when I play with the band, the other musicians comment on the likeness to real instruments.

Arranger and synth musicians(according to articles I've read), have become so used to their version of instruments, that they lose sight of what the real instrument sounds like. Whether this is true or not doesn't alter the fact that people are not used to quality sounds coming from a one man band.

This fact in itself is enough for me to plod on in quest of an ever better sound. The big bonus is that you don't have to buy a $4000 keyboard to get the improvements that are coming in all areas.

Bernie