OMB has been worth every penny and then some Jos. It's been a lot of work and a healthy investment, but my software setup with OMB is good enough that I feel comfortable enough bringing just my Motif ES and my laptop to a job at this point.

The truth is, I don't care much for my PA80 any more. The ES works well enough as my controller ( and for lead voices at times ) that even though I've been giving them a good look, I'm not 100% certain that I want another hardware arranger, out of what is currently available. I understand the advantages of having something out of the box that is easy to navigate in real time, and my PA80 is in many ways easier to operate, but the cost is sound quality. My software setup sounds much better.

Jos does make good points. It has taken me a quite sometime to get my system to the point that it's at now, and there was a big learning curve involved, along with a big investment for sounds and modules. I'll also add that if I think the T2 or G70 will sound nearly as good, ( and they may ) it would be easier for me to gig with one of them. It is also easier and less time consuming for me to setup and breakdown using just a hardware arranger and my sound system. I'll definitely agree that unless you have a lot of patience and some time for trial and error, for most performing entertainers, hardware might be the better solution.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-05-2006).]