Hi Jos,
Ithink it's a great tool also for owners of cheaper model psr's. The one's that don't have onboard style editing functions & only a single intro/ending and a couple of variations. Makes it easy for them to edit styles to suit their keyboards.

Also great for the smaller psr's that can't load styles. Just midi up to the computer & use omb's arranger functions. Not that much tweaking required with a keyboard that has an xg soundset.

I've also managed to turn my Clavinova CLP ( non arranger piano) into a defacto Clavinova CVP ( arranger piano) using OMB. Again , not that much editing required
( except where mega voices are used in a style) because it has an xg soundset.

I don't know if I totally agree with you about soundfonts being expensive.
I've collected about 4 to 5 gigabytes of fonts , some free , most commercial & I've only spent approx $200 to $300 USD
I've purchased
5 commercial gm/gs xg banks,
plus
Korg M1
Matrix 6
Triton Orchestral
& 1 gig of Ambient Synth Sounds

plus I've got a 3 or 4 free gm banks.
Quite frankly some of the sounds in the free sgm180/128 fonts are better than in the commercial gm banks.

You're correct though, softsynth/software arranger isn't for everyone. It does take time & effort to setup.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s.
any chance we'll ever get multipads?? haa haa

Quote:
Originally posted by Jos Maas:

A master keyboard with 88 hammer action keys is not cheap and the best soundfonts are expensive too. And you will be spending time too setting things up and tweaking styles.

Jos

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022