As you can tell I have the E 80 now.
I realize you didn't aske me however I will venture a reply here.
Like you I can afford to buy and sell or give away anything I want to.
I have been playing Technics since they went into business right up through the last two they built.
I bought the PSr 9000 and couldn't even make it work for me.
I then bought A tyros 2 and it was ok but I didn't care a lot for it UNTIL..........
I got all the Roland G 70 styles converted to Tyros 2 and then I begin to like playing it, and liking the sounds.
I went over to the local former Technics dealer to see if by chance he might have a left over Kn2600 or even a used trade in.
Roland district Sales Manager was there and he knows his keyboard inside out. Three hours of demo later I owned his own personal demo.
I am super pleased with it. I feel like I just got the newest Technics which would have been the KN 8000. that is no doubt due to the fact that Chris Hallon went from technics to Roland to put this new board together.
The E 80 and the E 60 I believe based on what I have been told by those that should know are the same except for the sound system and the 76 keys.
The sound system in this E 80 is 95 watts with 4 speakers and bass reflex. I don't need my bass woofer hooked into it, nor either of my full racks, or any of my sound wall.
It is complete in and of itself.
In fact at my age of 75 it maybe the last keyboard I will ever buy. Yes, my wife has heard that before but then again I never had a Roland E 80 before.
yes List price is 5000.00 however you can cut a deal I am sure.
I see used G 70's for 2000 but that is a different keyboard and has a couple of years depreciation now built into it.
the Roland sales manager simply states that the E 60/80 is a G 70 on Steroids.
Hope my views give you some of the info you want. Unbiased of course
The manual is on line for these keyboards. It is 284 pages and is the best keyboard I have ever read. i am totally impressed with this music system.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
The Roland