Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Unfortunately i believe you are correct. Yamaha is placating their user base which is a known entity rather than risk losing them placating the unknown entity who may or may not buy theoir $5000 TOTL arranger "only if."

Who can blame them? They have a winner like it is. The formula works. There are plenty of other choices for those who need 76 keys..."Live" drums....Audio arrangements etc...They have their niche. a 61 key plastic cased TOTL Arranger that sounds slick as snot...too slick for Korg users. I had a PA2x I know what those users want. Both arrangers are very different. I preferred the Yamaha in the end and sold the PA2x. I am glad to have had an alternative to the Korg. Others are glad there is an alternative to the Yamaha and less expensive as well.

There ARE indeed choices. All these Arrangers are different. Why do people want Yamaha to be like the rest? Yamaha owners don;t want the Tyros to be like the Korg or Roland or Wersi or Audya. There are plenty of choices all of them great for those who need or prefer certain features.

Jealousy comes to mind