Personally, the thought of streaming samples off of a disk mounted in a keyboard that is being pounded kind of worries me...

To be honest, despite the expense (and it's STILL a fraction of the cost of the keyboard), FLASH RAM appeals to me highly. Instant on (you don't even get that with computers... they have to boot up and all sorts of things before you are ready to go), functionally identical to ROM... up to 3GB in the MoXF (one already in, two more as optional) - considering the entire ROM of the T4 is probably under 1GB, that's at LEAST doubling the size of it, and NO issues about disk reliability.

For the heavy gigging pro, I see a LOT of advantages to FLASH RAM (and a studio situation, you're going to use software and a computer, anyway).

BTW, things are JUST as incremental in the computer world... sure, they have a heck of a head start over hardware, but their pace of improvement is still glacial, once you blue sky what COULD be done. Hardware needs reliability and utter bomb-proof operation, something you know well isn't necessarily the hallmark of software based systems. The price you pay for that is being well behind the bleeding edge of technology.

That's a price I'm willing to pay.