Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I did a check and the Yamaha Stagea D-Deck is about the same price as the Tyros3. Did you know that Yamaha don't sell the psr s910 and Tyros3 in their own country? For the price of the psr s910 you can buy a Yamaha Stagea Mini in Japan. And Yamaha don't sell the Stagea models to our countries.
See a demo of the Stagea D-Deck at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4nHH1cloc

That's true in Japan high end arrangers aren't available. I think the Psr and Tyros line have the Yamaha organs engine in a different console. I've made a 3 manual organ out of a pair of arrangers (a Psr 900 and a Korg Pa500) a MS for Vsts and a Pk5 pedal. The Korg is a very good controller and soundsource but the Yamaha is amazingly easy converted into an organ and has special features specifically designed for that purpose such as controlling the bass line of the style independently from the chord played by using the pedals.
Actually a 2 manual arranger IS an organ without pedals. The advantage of using arrangers to make an organ is that I keep upgrading it and using the best from different manufacturers.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ