Apple ... no contest.

I've had problems with PC's, none with Mac. I use my PC for this, the internet. And household stuff. I don't care if it crashes, locks, or fumbles because because some memory is locked up by a program I have recently closed. But when it comes to my music this is unacceptable.

MACs run faster, are more reliable, and are much more intuitive. Ever tried to find all the crap a program installs on a PC. IF you can find the install log (if there is one) or maybe you can if know what something like "{gr3hY56vBKgbl1877nfr0fjJ}.scr" means. Or what error code "7gkf83n" is. What the hells is that? Very few people really know. I do and it's still daunting.

Remember, Windows is the bastard child of MAC OS. Even XP still has some old MAC OS lines of code in it. In the Windows world it is a free for all, due to Windows open-ended architecture, various manufacturers, and software developers taken advantage in their own way of this open-ended architecture. In the MAC world, the architecture is more streamlined and the rules are tighter when designing software for the OS. Also the people who write the OS are also the manufacturers of the hardware, so integration is more streamlined and elegant and less problematic and transparent for the end-user.

In PC land the hardware manufacturers and software developers are given the options and are the ones supported. It is easier and less costlier to develop and implement software for the PC. Which makes Microsoft more dominant in the industry. The end-user really is secondary. Remember Mr. Gates was the first person to really insist that software should not be free. So his leadership will favor software development over all other concerns. He cares very little about compatibility, reliability, security, hardware intergration, or any of the other things vital to an end-user. He wants the industry to be with him, developers to be happy, and the hardware manufacturers to be content, not the end-user. They are after the fact for Microsoft. That's why Windows has an open-ended architecture, but it is also why it has so many constant security issues manifest themselves. Do you really think the manufacturers care that you have a security issue or other problems related to the the free-for-all, open-ended nature of Windows. No. They already have your money if you have their products. Window's end-user performance history has been abysmal and therefore proves this.

This is not the case for Mac users. Apple tried this open-ended approach for a while and it didn't work and they backed away from third parties. It wasn't good for the end-user (and as secondary result its own health corporately within its market), which was a violation of its core principles in its design criteria. However this is also why MAC are not as industry dominant, until end-user performance is the issue. That's why in the marketplace, not the industry, where end-user performance takes precedence over industry strength and costs, like in the music and video production markets, the true reality of COMPUTER USE comes forward, and MAC dominates.

For music and video (performance), or anything ... MAC. For business (cost) or family use (availability & cost), PC is fine.

JRL

[This message has been edited by jrlaudio (edited 02-08-2005).]

[This message has been edited by jrlaudio (edited 02-08-2005).]