Hi Leo,

I use Vegas Video/DVD Architect, Sound Forge and Photoshop quite heavily on a PC and never had problems. I also use Cakewalk, Band in a Box and other music related software. Again, no problems.

As lowfreq stated in a roundabout way, PC's are less expensive to purchase, primarily because there are so many options in manufacturers. Several studio owner friends of mine use MAC's and love them. It used to be that if your main use was music and/or graphics, then the MAC was the best choice. Things have changed though. There is just as much in the way of high-end music production and graphics for PC as for MAC. The guys that I know using MAC's seem to have just as many problems from time to time as those using PC's.

Good advice for using a PC or MAC for music/graphics is to dedicate the computer to those uses and don't use that computer for web surfing, games, etc. This will allow all system resources to only be concerned with the applications you need rather than having innumerable drivers, internet access, etc. that other programs will use.

Good luck,

Go PC!