When the Audya first came out, I don’t think any one would argue that it did not sound good.
I have to reiterate the very bad reviews that the G 70 had regarding the sounds when it first came out. People said it was absolutely terrible and unusable.
Now, with OS 4 (if it is free), they are doing what Yamaha did to move from the T2 to the T3.
“* Over 300 NEW voices/sounds and Programs
* Revoiced/Modified current ROM voices.”

That was what Yamaha did to move from the T2 to the T3 and you had to buy another keyboard for that to happen.

Remember you could have edited styles on the Audya when it first came out. Now they are adding the ability to create styles on the Audya.

Here is the irony of styles on the Audya.
OOTB the styles on the Audya sounds great. This is what arranger players say they want on an arranger. They do not want to have to create styles; they just want to take it out of the box and play and sound good. The Audya offered that.

It did not have style creation. But, those same people said that the Audya was incomplete because it did not have style creation (a feature they say they are incapable of using).

The style creation in OS 4 allows you to do it on the Audya it self. On OS 3 it allowed you to do it with a computer software.

An OS upgrade is not a work in progress.
We are all )including me) speculating as to what this upgrade would be.
For example, the 300 new sounds could be included in the ROM set.

Who knows, Ketron could be reworking the OS from the ground up so it could be like changing from windows 98 to windows XP.

However, the real issue is stability. Are there any serious bugs.
And of course we all know what are bugs right? A bug is not when the keyboard does not work as we think it should work. But a bug is when the keyboard repeatedly does not work the way it was intended to work.