Quote:

Yes, some people painted their B-3's different colours...and, I thought they looked stupid (the organs, not the people) , but that's just me...I liked the wood look...classy. .... Some people hear with their eyes, as well as their ears.

I've had to refurbish some pretty bad cabinets. Too many nightclubs, too many years in a trailer or shed.

The really bad ones can't be refinished, isntead, I fill the torn off veneer areas with auto body putty, then sand, fill again, primer, sand, then have them shot in a base color like black or white. Plenty of churches love a white B or C.

Of course, if the cabinet wood is intact enough, I would refinish to look like original.

Wildest one I ever did, originally had painted it gloss white, it sat in the music store for a few months and then this lady wanted it for a rock act -- and asked if it could be painted pink. We negotiated, money changed hands and the innards came back out of the B and it was off to the auto paint shop yet again where it got shot with the grossest pink auto paint you can imagine. Poor thing.

Bidness is bidness,

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis