Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Have you got the 'button drawbars' thing down on the C1 yet?

Not really. But then, I was never a drawbar 'player', you know, those guys that are constantly fiddling with the drawbars (like some really annoying guitar players that are constantly re-tuning). A lot of good organ players make it a part of their technique or playing style; changing a registration on the fly, phasing chorus, vibrato and 'leslie' in and out, etc. I tend to be more static, using more presets (programs, on the C1) of all my favorite registrations. One poorly implemented feature on the C1 is the way program change is done. It must be scrolled. There is no way to input program numbers directly. It's up to you to group your favorite programs close together to minimize scrolling. The upside is that for every program, there are three one-touch regs for each of the three (bass, Upper, Lower) manuals. So you've got a LOT of variety with the touch of a single button, usually enough to cover all the bases for a single song. Combined with the Traynor K4 which combines both a 'tube' channel for warmth and stereo for a better leslie 'sim' effect, and sometimes combined with two podium 802's on poles for more volume and spread, it's an awesome sounding combination. I'm sort of laid up for the next month or so. This would be a good time for you to do your humanitarian 'good deed' and come up and help 'poor me' properly set up my studio....no, wait until my DM-10 kit arrives. And maybe my VP-770 (VP-550 replacement). More toys to play with . Don't forget, I also have a practically unused Fatom G7 waiting for you to show me how to get your 'signature' G70 piano sound.

chas