Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Do you actually think that the audio and video on most YouTube vids are sync'd?

Thanks for the downer Donny and Chas....

Looking at the musicians in the vid, this one appears to be in sync.

Sorry about the 'downer' thing. Truth is, I didn't like any of the 'Rhythm and Roll' or 'Rock and Blues' from that era. It could be that the social climate of the times had something to do with it. Or it could be that I just preferred authentic R&B. In any case, most of what I heard in my house growing up was Billy Holiday, Count Basie (my second cousin with whom I spent a considerable amount of time in his house in St. Albans, NY), Lester Young, Duke Ellington, Sarah Vaughn, Nat 'King' Cole, and others from that genre'. Later, that evolved into more modern jazz performers. I'm sure those early years and early exposures influenced us all. We all see the world through different cultural filters (I think because of my parents, mine was broader than most
Blacks in my age group). An era that exists as a happy memory for you could easily be a time of psychological pain and suffering for someone else with a different set of life experiences. That's life. But back on topic. I don't care for that tune, I've never been a big fan of Booker T, but I thought it was interesting in the way he was able to show us the subtle ways in which we screw it up.

Cass, go back and check that video again. That chick's rhythm is definitely suspect .

chas