I certainly can hear stereo when I use two of them. But one is four feet from my left ear, and the other is four feet from my right ear.
I think some of the effect carries onto the dance floor, which is very small and starts three feet in front of me. It's maybe 20 x 20 feet.
After that, you wouldn't be able to pick out stereo placement, but the sound is full and the volume is even throughout the rest of the room. They are perfect for my situation. I generally use one extension on each side, so the top speakers are even with my ears, and about even with the dancers' ears, but over the head of the diners.
Of course by the time it reaches most of the diners, it is totally dispersed anyway.
In large venues, I use basically the same setup only the speakers are spread farther to my left and right, and angled slightly toward me, or more accurately, toward the center of the room. For 90 percent of the audience, the speaker placement matters very little, so I set them to optimize MY listening enjoyment. And it is really inspiring to be smack in the middle of that sound.
DonM