Chas, I don't have any agenda behind promoting the Bose...in fact, I should be endorsing Yamaha, but all I can do is relate what I have experienced from my own perspective.

I don't want to carry excess gear because I am basically very lazy, and if they could make keyboards and speaker cabinets out of Styrofoam...nah, I'm not THAT lazy.

Seriously, I'm of the opinion that we are ultimately playing the speaker(s)...it's the last link in the chain, and probably the most important.

So, I want the best speaker I can find, and the brand makes no difference....I could easily push Yamaha Stagepas 300/500(they are in stereo) but as it has been said, you wouldn't notice the stereo effect if you were any great distance away from the speakers.

It is not that way with two Bose, whether they be the Compacts, or the larger L1's...the stereo effect is greatly expanded because of the inherent nature of the array speakers in each cabinet...I don't know the science behind it, but I do know what my ears tell me...and, I'm not the only one.

You know the saying..."if it's stupid, and it works...it isn't stupid."

Another side benefit is the stage looks far cleaner, and you would not need monitors...of course the other advantage (as some have mentioned) is that you essentially hear what the audience hears, both in separation and volume level, so it is easy to judge when you may be too loud.

I hate being told to turn down...it is such a negative situation....I consider it almost an insult, but sometimes it's deserved, and I try to avoid it at all costs.

You know, my friend, I'd rather push Yamaha because I do some work for them, but, if I'm to recommend a pro system to a buddy who wants to hear his keyboard at it's optimum performance, it would have to be two Bose L1's or two Compacts.

A fool and his money, are soon partying....or something like that.