Diki,

I'm not suggesting the Bose L1 compact would work for 20 to 30 year-olds who are into head-banging rock. My son had a very successful band that performed grunge, acid rock, stuff that was loud enough to make your ears bleed. Everything sounded distorted, and if it didn't the added special effects to create distortion--even with the vocals. If that's what someone wants, they should NOT choose Bose systems.

Ironically, during my last visit to the Florida Keys and several other locations in the south, which included: Memphis, Shreveport, Bossier City, Panama City, Stuart, Palm Coast, the outer banks of North and South Carolina and Virginia Beach, I didn't encounter any hard rock bands. Not in the Tiki Bars, not in nite-clubs, definitely not in the American Legions, VFWs, Elks, Moose, Am-Vets, restaurants, private parties, etc.. The only places I can recall that featured this type of music were outdoor rock concerts, which in my area seem to be slowly, but surely fading away.

In Jim's case, at least from what he has described in the past, he's primarily performing for an older crowd, folks ranging from 50 to 90 years of age. Most of the jobs are relatively small, audiences of less than 100, and in many instances, audiences of less than 50.

I would suspect that 99.9 percent of the forum members fall into the same category. When I performed at a few Tiki Bars, both in Ocean City, Maryland and the central Florida Keys, the audience makeup ranged from 35 to 75 years of age, they like everything I played, most got up and danced, and both the audiences and club owners did not want ear-bleed volumes and today's rock. Give them some Jimmy Buffett, Jim Crocie, Frank Sinatra, Etta James, and others in the same era and they're gonna' have fun.

From my point of view, Jim (Zuki), and the vast majority of Synthzone members who perform regularly at nite-clubs, restaurants, bars, pubs, nursing homes, retirement communities, senior centers, tiki bars, marinas, veterans clubs, animal clubs and similar events, The Bose L1, L1 Model II and L1 Compact is an ideal PA system.

For those that need ear-bleed volumes and distortion, DO NOT--I REPEAT--DO NOT purchase Bose--IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I suspect these folks need something that requires a huge van with a lift-gate, fork-lift and some young, strong roadies to haul and set-up their PA system.

DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are MY opinion, and MY OPINION ONLY. Individual results may vary and not everyone can expect to achieve similar results. There is no guarantee or warranty, and unlike Bose, no refund.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)