Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Why should anyone listen to you?

Don't know what SemiLive really meant, but that sure came across as crass. Jim, we should listen to you because you are relaying info from your experiences which is priceless.

My experience with the Compact first time out was I set it almost directly behind me, set the keyboard to about 3 o'clock and the Compact down to about 10. I got terrible sound and plenty of feedback from my mic. I was told to set the Compact further away and set the amp volume louder than the keyboard output. Things were great now. As for placement, I usually set it at least 3 feet behind me and about 6-8 feet to my left. I aim the tower to the center of the back of the room. I get the same sound the crowd is hearing and never feel it's too loud for me. The first time anyone says it's too loud, I'll adjust my settings, but this works for me.

I'm sorry you don't seem to like the Compact as much as many of us do. That's certainly your perogative. As Donny always says, use YOUR ears. We're only here to add some background opinions and suggestions. They wouldn't be making all those other PA's if they weren't good for someone...