Zuki,

As Tony asked "How big was the job?" I've performed outdoors, using a single L1 Compact, with audiences to 250, and experienced no problems at all. I wasn't playing head-banging rock, but Kansas City, Proud Mary, Leroy Brown, and many similar songs were met with rounds of applause and lots of folks dancing.

My settings are a bit different than Cass', with the keyboard's master volume at 1 o'clock and the Bose at 11 o'clock. Works for me.

As Don stated, there are no speakers in the two tower extensions, but I believe that using both tends to improve the mid range sounds. I don't know exactly why, but this is the way it sounds to me. Maybe it has something to do with the way the top section resonates through the two, hollow extensions. I just don't know, but it sure sounds better to me when I use both. I read somewhere on the Bose forum several months ago where it was recommended using both extensions, or none at all when the L1 is placed on an elevated platform.

Also, you may have to set your keyboard's EQs a bit different for the larger jobs. I have done this and saved those settings into memory so they can be recalled the next time I perform there. Most of the time, however, they tend to remain the same for nearly all jobs, regardless of size.

Hope this helps,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)