Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
Gary,
You really got me thinking ... Last weekend I had one of those nightmare gigs with the L1, B1. I was told that the gig was to be in the "Grand Ballroom", so I only carried the big Bose system. As it turned out, the ballroom wasn't so "Grand" and only seated about 150. The acoustics were such that I could not reduce the volume enough - complaints all night. When I lowered the volume, the sound quality was correspondingly bad (kinda reminded me of the Bose 802's, they were great if you pushed them, but not so good at low volumes). I didn't get the usual '...sounded great ...' and it has bothered me all week. That's why I was so interested in hearing how the compact performed in larger venues. I do several outdoor Italian festivals a year and the L1 with the B1 works great for those venues. But, if as you say, 2 compacts could be chained, ... hmmm ...
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry-

I use the L1 for all size rooms I play at for everything from smallish nursing homes to grand ballrooms like I just did this past Saturday evening. I've never had any trouble finding a happy volume for everyone.

Tell us more about the room you were, ok?

One challenge for me is when they force me to cramp into a space, and I don't have enough room behind the L1 for it to breath, the bass response on many of the Yammy styles in my T2 becomes huge. Usually I can set the sub in such a way that it works out fine though...

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton