Overhere in europe still many childrens first instrument is a low entry level arranger (Yam/casio) and i think that many of them will try and find those feautures in the more professional systems they buy when they get better and older.

Still an arranger using styles is an awesome and easy way the try out new mellodies and musicall ideas even for the pro's

For me the future is clear, people allways want to play around with music at their homes and for them an arranger is a very nice instrument.

Many of the pro's are still looking for the TOTL instrument. For me the TOTL instrument would be a combination of an Arranger and an extended arpegiator like KARMA..... with many different sound sorcess, like OASYS or a mor VST based system.

While home users want/prefer/are used to 61 keys... many of the pro's really love 76 keys for live gigging, So if they really want to make arrangers a gigging choice in the future they should aim more for the stage musicians with their top models instead of for the Home players... and then the home players will just follow.

Arrangers have a future... but wether it will be on stage or only in the living room has to be seen in the next 20 years....

My daughter is loving her rythm piano, while learning piano for 30 mins a day the hard way, she also has 30 minutes of making fun music with the styles on the arranger part, and thats where music is all about having fun... many of the young that play piano loose interest because of the chore... while she keeps having fun because of the ease of the arranger part. Just simple mellodies with simple chords, but they she sounds like a pro...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 08-21-2009).]

http://keyszone.boards.net