The DJX basically proved that, if you include the sounds and styles the kids want, they will buy 'arrangers' like they are going out of style But it also proved that, if you don't include the sounds and styles older players want, they won't buy them at all.

What annoys me the most is that, there ARE some pretty hip sounding drum kits, synth basses, etc., in my G70, I KNOW there's a ton of contemporary stuff in a PA2X (not really sure about the Tyros3, but it's got to have at least SOME up to date stuff), but NOBODY is writing styles for these arrangers. Korg have excellent style writing teams for the M3/M50, Roland have personnel for the FantomG, Yamaha for the MoXS loops. Why can't they simply get THOSE guys to do styles for the arrangers? Can't be any harder than doing arps for the WS's.

It is still CONTENT... we keep arguing about hardware, but there's no reason the majors couldn't make some pretty hip stuff for the TOTL arrangers (sell them as a 'Contemporary Beats' collection) we already have.