Shoot.., when I really think about it some more. I don't want a merge of the two because the price would be unreal. TOTL arranger are already WAY past TOTL workstations in price. I can only imagine what they'll start charging for these units.

Truth is the makers have grown quite comfortable with their target market for arrangers. They're gonna ride it as long as they possibly can. If they don't start updating these styles (soon) for the next generation then I think TOTL arrangers sales are really going to drop.

As much as it hurts some of you here to to think about it.., (I don't mean this in any disrespect either).., but we're on a "generational change" in music. Arrangers have always catered to the mature audience and mature buyer too. Well the next generation of buyers are fast approaching.., yet the arranger makers still refuse to bring these arrangers up to date. Clearly they won't because.., well they'll lose their market. Truth is MOTL and TOTL arrangers aren't designed for the "modern music player". That's why so many go for the workstations. If the three major makers did a massive overhaul on the styles..., you'd see more interets from the younger crowd.

Arrangers could easily become "cool to own and use". The youth just needs to see them being used for their styles of music. There are just as many classic pop, r&b, and hip hop songs out there to fill a "music data base" on any arranger.., but all you really find on these arrangers today are preset arrangements designed to play music that had it's day in the 70's and earlier. Hell you can't even get good 80's cheese on an arranger keyboard anymore (I'm talking about that GOOD 80's cheese too).
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.