Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
JC, if it came down to the 'Fills' issue, personally, I would be balancing the lack of a Break/Fill with the fact that the Korg has two fills per style (and a break/fill) with the Roland's SIX fills and a Break (but no fill).

Transitions between style divisions has always felt less smooth and musical on the Korg's to me because of this lack. Two USED to be sufficient for a two Variation arranger, but in the land of four Variations, four Fills is an absolute necessity, and six (or more) is preferable. Two are, IMO, completely unacceptable.

The thing is, it's easy to re-task Intro's as Break/Fills (and gain up to four, rather than the one), but you can't easily use Intros as Fills (unless you are the kind of player that ALWAYS cues up your fills a bar in advance).

Now, don't get me wrong, there is MUCH to like about in the PA2Xpro. But, just as you can't do without a B/F, I can't do without smooth fills for ALL transitions. Difference is, on a G70, you CAN make B/F's...

Now I own a Korg for almost a month I don't have any problem with "only" 2 fills.